The National Forests of North Carolina will sponsor a series of “Kids Fishing Days” this spring
ASHEVILLE, NC (April 5, 2018)…The National Forests of North Carolina will sponsor a series of “Kids Fishing Days” on each ranger district to teach kids about fishing. The first event open to the public is on May 19.
These annual events allow children ages 15 years and younger to fish for free, although some events are extremely popular and may adjust age and creel limits or stagger fishing time to insure participant safety. All children must be accompanied by an adult. No experience is needed to participate.
Volunteers and employees from the U.S. Forest Service and the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission will provide free fishing assistance and loaned equipment. Kids will be educated on how to use a rod and reel, as well as how to bait a hook. No fishing license is required at this event. A free lunch will be provided to all participants.
This fishing event allows families and friends to share fun, quality time together while learning about one of our nation’s favorite pastimes – fishing.
Kids Fishing Events:
• May 19 at 10:00 am – Boone Fork Pond on the Grandfather District, Contact: Greg Philipp (828-652-2144 or email@example.com)
• June 2 at 9:00 am – Carolina Hemlocks on the Appalachian District (registration begins at 8 am), Contact: Brandon Jones (828-682-6146 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
• June 2 at 9:00 am – Rattler Ford on the Cheoah District, Contact: Jason Farmer (828-479-6431 or email@example.com)
•June 2 at 9:00 am – Cliffside Lake on the Nantahala District, Contact: Richard McClure (828-526-3765 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
• June 2 at 9:00 am – Lake Powhatan on the Pisgah District, Contact: Lorie Stroup (828-877-3265 or email@example.com). Due to expected crowds, additional age and creel limits may be in place at this event.
• June 2 at 7:30 am – Cherokee Lake on the Tusquitee District, Contact: Todd Sharkey (828-837-5152 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
• June 9 at 9:00 am – Max Patch Pond on the Appalachian District (registration begins at 8 am), Contact: Brandon Jones (828-682-6146 or email@example.com)
• June 9 at 8:00 am – Cedar Swamp Pond on the Croatan District (hybrid sunfish or catfish), Contact: Hugo Cobos (252-638-5628 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
• June 9 at 9:00 am – King’s Mt. Point on the Uwharrie District, Contact: Theresa Savery (910-576-6391 or email@example.com)