Public Meeting Set for Pinewood Project – Comments sought for Granite Falls improvements
NORTH WILKESBORO, NC (September 28, 2018) — A few improvements on one road should go a long way toward relieving congestion and improving safety on a short corridor in Granite Falls.
The N.C. Department of Transportation invites people to a public meeting from 4-7 p.m. Oct. 4 at the Granite Falls Town Office Council Chamber at 4 South Main Street to provide feedback on proposed improvements to Pinewood Road between Bert Huffman Road and U.S. 321.
Highlights of the proposed project include the following:
- Installing a roundabout at Bert Huffman Road and Pinewood Road — the south entrance to South Caldwell High School.
- Adding new entrances to the recreation center and Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- Adding a right-turn lane from North Highlands Road to Pinewood Road.
- Adding a left-turn lane from Pinewood Road to U.S. 321.
- Installing a new entrance into Fair Value shopping center.
- Adding a sidewalk on both sides through the recreation center with the support of the town of Granite Falls
Maps will be displayed at the meeting, which will be located at 30 Park Square, and may be viewed online at the NCDOT Public Meeting Webpage.
Granite Falls and the High-Country Regional Planning Organization have supported improvements to Pinewood Road and helped prioritize this project for funding from the NCDOT.
Attendees, and those who can’t attend the meeting may submit written comments, questions and suggestions via mail, email or phone until Nov. 5. Those comments will be considered as the project develops.
Anyone wishing for more information may contact Division 11 Project Engineer Desiree Hagwood, at email@example.com, 336-903-9135 or P.O. Box 250 North Wilkesboro NC 28659.
NCDOT will provide auxiliary aids and services under the Americans with Disabilities Act for disabled persons who wish to participate in this meeting. Anyone requiring special services should contact Tony Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-707-6069 as early as possible so arrangements can be made.
Those who speak Spanish and have a limited ability to read, speak or understand English may receive interpretive services upon request prior to the meeting by calling 1-800-481-6494.