Granite Falls Photo Contest and special exhibits at the History Museum
GRANITE FALLS, NC (June 29, 2018)…The Granite Falls History Committee is sponsoring a photo contest to solicit pictures that promote the Granite Falls area. They will display entries that meet their criteria at the museum in September. Winners will receive certificates and ribbons. Entry forms are on the museum website (www.granitefallshistorymuseum.org) and the Facebook page (Granite Falls History and Transportation Museum).
- Photos must promote the Granite Falls area as defined by the Granite Falls Middle School District.
- They must be appropriate for a museum, travel brochure, poster, postcard, and/or t-shirt. Ideas include landscapes, landmarks (natural or man-made), events, and/or historical sites.
- Photos must be recent, made within the past five (5) years (2013 – 2018).
- Submitter must have the legal right to submit the photo and to give the museum and/or the Granite Falls Historical Association rights to publish and use the photos.
- Put each print in an 8” X 10” or an 8” 1/2 X 11” simple, inexpensive frame.
- Take your entry to the museum or give it to a member of the History Committee.
- Complete an entry form for each photo and submit it with the framed print. There is no charge. Please limit your entries to five (5) photos.
- Entries must be received by Sunday, August 27, 2018.
The History Committee will announce the judging process at a later date. The committee reserves the right to make changes due to unforeseen circumstances and/or to clarify the rules. Photographers submitting entries will be honored at a public reception to be held Sunday, September 30, 2018 from 2 until 4 p.m. in the museum located at 107 Falls Avenue in Granite Falls.
In the meantime, check out the museum for an expanded sports exhibit, which will be on display on the main floor through August. The display features a tribute to persons from Granite Falls who have been inducted into the Caldwell County Sports Hall of Fame and special items from the private sports collection of Scott Triplett, who was an outstanding athlete at Granite Falls High School. Selected memorabilia will be moved to the second floor to make room for the Photo Contest.
For more information, contact Linda Crowder by phone [(828) 396-1066] or email (email@example.com).