LENOIR, NC (June 27, 2017)…The Caldwell County Board of Elections will begin accepting filing in July for the 2017 municipal elections.
Filing will begin at noon on Friday, July 7 and will end at noon on Friday, July 21. To file, you must be a registered voter in the municipality in which you live. Filing fees are $5.
The 2017 Caldwell County Municipal elected offices open for filing for candidacy are:
• Lenoir City Council
1. Three (3) regular council seats (Ike Perkins, David Stevens and Chrissy Thomas)
• The Village of Cedar Rock
1. Three (3) regular council seats (Bill Johnson, Pam Mayberry and Sharon Schmidt)
• Town of Rhodhiss
1. Mayor (Rick Justice)
2. Two (2) council seats (Dean Isenhour and Mike Phillips)
• Town of Granite Falls
1. Mayor (Barry Hayes)
2. Three (3) regular council seats (Dr. Carol Burns, Marc Church and Martin Townsend)
• Town of Hudson
1. Mayor (Janet Winkler)
2. Two (2) regular council seats (Tony Colvard and David Irvin)
• Town of Cajah’s Mountain
1. Mayor (Ronnie Setzer)
2. One (1) council seats (Lloyd Robbins)
• Town of Sawmills
1. Mayor (Joe Wesson)
2. Two (2) council seats (Gerelene Belvins and Reed Lingerfelt)
• Town of Gamewell
1. Mayor (Hunter “Pedro” Crump)
2. Two (2) council seats (Wilford Beane and Mike Kent)
• Town of Blowing Rock
1. Mayor (J.B. Lawrence)
2. Three (3) council seats (Doug Matheson, Ray Picket and Sue Sweeting)
The 2017 Municipal Election will be on Tuesday, November 7.
The Caldwell County Board of Elections is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information call 828-757-1326 or 828-757-1342.