Enjoy Kids Fishing Days this Spring
ASHEVILLE, NC (May 1, 2017)…The Nantahala, Pisgah, Uwharrie and Croatan National Forests and partners will host their annual Kids Fishing Days in May and June 2017. These free events allow families and friends to share in fun and quality outdoor time together while learning about one of our nation’s favorite pastimes – fishing.
No experience is needed for families to participate. Adults must accompany all children. For more information, call the local ranger district offices at the phone numbers listed below.
Kids fishing days will take place in these locations and times:
Nantahala National Forest
• Cliffside Lake, Nantahala Ranger District – June 3, starting at 9:00 a.m.
• Rattler Ford, Cheoah Ranger District – June 3, starting at 9:00 a.m.
• Cherokee Lake, Tusquitee Ranger District – June 3, starting at 7:00 a.m.
Pisgah National Forest
• Cradle Pond, Pisgah Ranger District – May 11, starting at 9:00 a.m.
• Boone Fork Pond, Grandfather Ranger District – May 20, starting at 9:00 a.m.
• Carolina Hemlocks, Appalachian Ranger District – June 3, starting at 9:00 a.m.
• Lake Powhatan, Pisgah Ranger District – June 3, starting at 9:00 a.m.
• Max Patch Pond, Appalachian Ranger District – June 10, starting at 9:00 a.m.
Croatan National Forest
• Cedar Swamp Pond, Croatan Ranger District – June 3, starting at 8:00 a.m.
Uwharrie National Forest
• King’s Mt. Point, Uwharrie Ranger District – June 10, starting at 9:00 a.m.
Appalachian Ranger District: 828-689-9694
Cheoah Ranger District: 828-479-6431
Croatan Ranger District: 252-638-5628
Grandfather Ranger District: 828-652-2144
Nantahala Ranger District: 828-524-6441
Pisgah Ranger District: 828-877-3265
Tusquitee Ranger District: 828-837-5152
Uwharrie Ranger District: 910-576-6391