CCHD COVID-19 Update #191 (November 3, 2020)
LENOIR, NC (November 3, 2020) — Here is the Caldwell County Health Department COVID-19 Update for Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
Twenty-six new COVID-19 cases have been reported today — 12 in the 28645 Zip code, five in 28638, and eight in 28630. Three patients are under the age of 17; two are between 18 and 24; 12 are between 25 and 49; one is between 50 and 64; seven patients are between 65 and 74; and one is over the age of 75.
In the Shaire Center outbreak, 31 residents and eight staff have tested positive for COVID-19. The Shaire Center is working closely with the Caldwell County Health Department and continues to test both residents and staff on a weekly basis.
To prevent the spread of all infectious diseases, including COVID-19, take the following precautions:
- Wear a face covering when out in public.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.