Caldwell County storm damage from Tropical Storm Nate update number 2 – Shelter Opened
CALDWELL COUNTY, NC (October 8, 2017)…A shelter has been opened at South Caldwell High School at 7035 Spartan Drive in Hudson for anyone displaced from the storm. Citizens should enter the building at the Auxiliary Gym which is at the student parking lot.
Parts of Country Acres and Fairway Drive closed due to trees down.
Star Cross Road and Alfred Hartley Road intersection is closed due to down power lines.
Mt. Herman Road in the Hudson Area is closed between Firewood Drive and Freezer Locker Road due to storm damage.
· 30 homes reporting damage
· Power lines down
· Trees down
· Reports of steeple blown off of church in Refuge Missionary Baptist Church.
· Residents on Mt Herman Road being asked to shelter in place.
In Hudson area:
· Burger King in Hudson on Highway 321 damaged with tractor trailer turned over in parking lot.
· Homes damaged on Hillhaven Drive
· Homes damaged on Hefner Place
Report of numerous homes damaged and trees down in Cedar Rock community on Cedar Rock Drive off of Highway 18. Crews are cutting their way into the development.