Caldwell County storm damage from Tropical Storm Nate update number 1
CALDWELL COUNTY, NC (October 8, 2017)…Here is an update from Caldwell County on storm related damage.
Mt. Herman Road in the Hudson Area is closed between Firewood Drive and Freezer Locker Road due to storm damage.
· 30 homes reporting damage
· Power lines down
· Trees down
· Reports of steeple blown off of church in Mt. Herman Baptist Church Waiting for confirmation.
· Residents on Mt Herman Road being asked to shelter in place.
In Hudson area:
· Burger King in Highway 321 damaged with tractor trailer turned over in parking lot.
· Homes damaged on Hillhaven Drive
· Homes damaged on Hefner Place
Report of numerous homes damaged and trees down in Cedar Rock community on Cedar Rock Drive off of Highway 18. Crews are cutting their way into the development.