Caldwell County Power Outage Warning
LENOIR, NC (June 9, 2019 at 5:26pm) — The Valmead Substation Facility will be doing storm related maintenance which will cause power outages starting at 7:00pm that could last at least 2 hours. This power outage will affect Lenoir on 321 to Grace Chapel area. The areas affected will be: Lenoir, 18N, HWY 90, Cedar Rock Country Club, West towards Connelly Springs, affecting most of the southern part of Caldwell County. Customers with a valid phone number will be contacted.
Please make sure you plan for a power outage:
- Take an inventory now of the items you need that rely on electricity.
- Make sure you have enough medications and they are stored properly.
- Plan for batteries and other alternatives to meet your needs when the power goes out.
- Sign up for local alerts and warning systems. Monitor weather reports.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors with battery backup in central locations on every level of your home.
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long battery backup will last.
- Review the supplies that are available in case of no power. Have flashlights with extra batteries for every household member. Have enough nonperishable food and water.
- Use a thermometer in the refrigerator and freezer so that you can know the temperature when the power is restored.
- Keep mobile phones and other electric equipment charged and gas tanks full.
For more information, contact Caldwell County Interim Public Information Officer Anna Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.