Caldwell County Hurricane Florence Update #1
LENOIR, NC (September 14, 2018 9:52am) — Here is an update from Caldwell County concerning Hurricane Florence
1. Caldwell County EOC (Emergency Operation Center) was opened at 8 a.m. today.
2. The current forecast for Caldwell County is flooding rains and 50 mph wind gusts to begin around noon today and continuing into the first of the week.
3. Residents in the Wilson Creek and John’s River communities were asked by Sheriff’s deputies to voluntarily evacuate those flood prone areas yesterday.
4. A shelter will open at West Caldwell High School on Highway 18 at noon today. Residents coming to the shelter should bring medications or any other personal items they need with them.
5. Domestic animals will be allowed at the shelter and will be housed in the CAMET (Companion Animal Mobile Evacuation) Trailer. Residents bringing pets must bring pet food, medications and anything else their pet will require. LIVESTOCK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE SHELTER.
6. For general information a phone line has been set up 828-426-8608 and will be continually manned. Do not call this number for emergencies. Call 911 for emergencies.