Caldwell County Emergency Management Flooding Update 1
CALDWELL COUNTY, NC (June 8, 2019) — Due to the impeding weather, Caldwell County Emergency Management encourages citizens to stay off the roads due to possible flooding. Many roads in Caldwell County are already closed or impassable.
Tips from FEMA regarding flooding:
- If flooding is expected or is occurring, get to higher ground FAST! Leave typical flood areas such as ditches, ravines, dips or low spots.
- Avoid areas already flooded, especially if the water is flowing fast. Do not attempt to cross flowing streams. Turn Around Don’t Drown.
- NEVER drive through flooded roadways. Roadbeds may be washed out under flood waters. Turn Around Don’t Drown.
- Do not camp or park your vehicle along streams and washes, particularly during threatening conditions.
- Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize flood dangers.
- Never cross any barriers that are put in place by local emergency officials. Not only is this dangerous, but many states and communities levy steep fines for people that ignore barricades or other road closure indications.
Citizens are also encouraged to sign up for emergency weather alerts on the CodeRed warning system for Caldwell County. To sign up, go to the Caldwell County website at www.caldwellcountync.org and click on the CodeRed link on the front page. For more information, contact Caldwell County Interim Public Information Officer Anna Martin at email@example.com.